Another PWC took place in Colombia this year and the Czech Republic was represented by Krupa Ondrej, Kuhnova Renata, Ohlidal David, Slivova Petra, Vecera Radek and Vrbensky Karel.
Colombia greeted us with a lot of rain, too many electricity wires and lousy cuisine. The experience from different restaurants was soon followed by inevitable time spent at the toilets :)
But back to flying. Although the weather seemed bad, we did have some nice flights and finally flew 6 diverse tasks: 70 km, 140 km, difficult ones, speed oriented ones and combinations of those as well. As the young Swiss pilot Michael Sigel stated: all that was needed, was to follow the convection lines and make the right decisions :)
3 liner gliders are totally out of fashion, and everybody was proudly flying their new 2 liners. Some of the less precious ones were falling down on the pilot's heads quite a lot. Anyway, the most important moment for Renata Kuhnova (Axis Paragliding Team) was during the last task, where the leading lady Keiko Hiraky flying her Ozone wing was pushing too hard and ended up on a reserve chute. She lost 180 points and finished 3rd.
- 1st Renata Kuhnova (Axis Mercury)
- 2nd Eliza Houdry (Niviuk Icepeak 4)
- 4th Petra Slivova (Niviuk Icepeak 3)
- 1st Michael Sigel (Gin Boomerang 8)
- 2nd Russel Ogden (Ozone Proto)
- 3rd Peter Neuenschwander (Ozone Mantra R10.2)
- 50th Ondrej Krupa (Axis Proto)
- 91st Radek Vecera (Gradient Proto)
- 96th Karel Vrbensky (Mac Para Magus XC2)